Tours-CURRENTLY CLOSED TO PUBLIC-See Activities Below
Learn how cheese is made! Centrally located 2 hours to Yosemite, 2 hours to San Francisco and 90 minutes to Sacramento
Monthly Activities Offered and FREE prizes!
Although the visitor center is not able to host tours, we want students to learn about food and agriculture. As kids spend more time on screens, we wanted to offer an incentive to encourage students to think creatively and write.
It’s Occupational October!
- What jobs do YOU think help make milk and cheese and draw a photo of the worker
- Students draw a picture of workers
- Each student who turns in their writing/drawing during the month of October to the Visitor Center will get a FREE Hilmar Cheese Company logo wristband. We are only open for curbside service, so please call the number on the door upon arrival and we will deliver to the parent’s car.
- If the student wants to participate in a drawing to win a special prize at the end of the month they need to write their name, age and phone number on the back.
- The video with the answer of what jobs are related to the dairy industry will be posted on social media on Friday, October 30
Follow @hilmarcheese on Instagram and /hilmarcheesecompany on Facebook to stay up-to-date with updates, specials, merchandise offerings and more!
Stay tuned for more fun educational prompts and prizes for November to encourage students to write.
Free Public Visitor Center Tours
Learn how cheese is made and explore interactive, hands-on exhibits about cows, dairies and cheesemaking. Watch Daisy’s moooovie. See employees package the “big cheese” – 640-pound crates of cheese. All tours fully accessible.
Link to the Occupational October Worksheet
Click to download the Occupational October worksheet to print.
2 or more
CANCELLED: Free Self-guided Visitor Center Tours:
During open hours. Due to COVID-19, our Visitor Center is closed to the public and we aren’t offering tours at this time.
CANCELLED: Free Guided Visitor Center Tours June 1 - August 31
Due to COVID-19, our Visitor Center is closed to the public and we aren’t offering tours at this time. Everyday at 11 am with optional ice cream making $ 3 per participant – scroll to next section for more info.
1 pm free tour only